Just married

Chris MacDonald

Hey guys,

Currently I'm over the moon, just got married after being together for 5 years.

01.jpg

Heading off on a "minimoon" to Budapest for 4 days, then going to book a honeymoon to Italy for a couple of weeks, when we get home. Suggestions of places to visit very welcome.

As you might expect, I've been given the "I want kids now" ultimatum! Taking bets on how long I can hold off on that for.

Congrats..... now I don't suppose you'll get away with Honeymooning in Maranello (Ferrari Museum) or Bologna (Ducati Museum) or Mandello del Lario (Moto-Guzzi Museum) so the obvious places are the Amalfi coast in Positano which is very romantic as is of course Florence, both are stunning and interesting Architecturally as a bonus, though obviously heavily touristed as well. Really it's hard to go wrong in Italy you'll always be able to find somewhere with great people, great food and interesting Architecture close by.

As for the "ultimatum".... give it up now, younger the better, your gonna loose that one anyway, so why drag it out :)

Buona fortuna!

Congratulation Chris!

I'm from Budapest and can suggest a few things to do during the 4 days you will spend there:

- Night bath at Rudas: http://www.spasbudapest.com/actual/night-bathing-at-rudas

- Go to any spa for a day. Most popular spas are: Szechenyi, Gellert spa

- Ship Cruise on the Danube

to see:

- the Castle & Varkert Bazar

- the Citadella with great view to the Pest side of the city

- Pest city center (Deak Ferenc square & Kiraly street)

of course there is much more to see...

- for eating out, you can find plenty of restaurant at Raday street. E.g: IF cafe which has live jazz music almost every night or at the district VII, Mazel tov restaurant with great and unique athmosphere

I hope it helps.

Enjoy!

Hey guys,

Currently I'm over the moon, just got married after being together for 5 years.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55494[/ATTACH]

Heading off on a "minimoon" to Budapest for 4 days, then going to book a honeymoon to Italy for a couple of weeks, when we get home. Suggestions of places to visit very welcome.

As you might expect, I've been given the "I want kids now" ultimatum! Taking bets on how long I can hold off on that for.

Congratulation Chris!!!,

thank you for sharing this private moment with us. Besh wishes in this new adventure ;)

Regarding Kids, just enjoy your life with your wife as long as you can, when children come, you are done LOL

Congrats to you both, enjoy!

As for babies, there is never a perfect time, you just have to follow your heart. Biology trumps plans, every time.

Italy--well that's a broad-brush to make suggestions for. Rome is essential, now or later. Florence is wonderful and on a much smaller scale than Rome so very easy. The Amalfie Coast is beautiful. You can base in Sorrento, take day trips like a boat that goes around to Capri and to Positano, and train or drive a bit further to Pompei and Vesuvius. The ruins are fabulous for architecture people and their adoring spouses.

For ruins and architectural history you can't beat Rome, of course, especially if you add a trip to Ostia Antiqa. Venice is awesome, too.

Italy is just fabulous, whatever you and the Mrs. decide to do will be great. If you go--draw.

Congrats!

Babies are a trip. The first 3 months are pretty rough as you get adjusted to having them in your life. But then around the 3 month mark when that kid starts smiling at you for real and it's not just them pooping, that's when it all starts to make sense. Though, I'm a total noob to all of this. My daughter is 4 months and she's not had any issues that other babies have had and she's been a full night sleeper since around 1 month.

My wife and I got a dog first before kids. Dogs are close to kids but you can leave them home in a kennel while you and the wife go on a date night and no one will call child services on you.

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

congrats man!

if you go in Italy you MUST go to Venice, but pay attention to tourists trap...i lived there for 5 years, if you want some tips tell me.

go to Florence, Rome and Naples, Bologna Padova and Verona are pretty cool, you can skip Milan.

have a nice trip

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...