3D MAX 2018 Error on start up.Help required

Sketchrender

Hi

The error attached has come up, and max hangs.

Just installed 2018 full Design Premium suite.

The Updated would not install, it kept failing as it's coming from the Autodesk servers and not able to download seperatly anymore.

Anybody got any ideas how to get this sorted.

Thank you

Philip

2018 error on start up .jpg

2018 error on start up  2.jpg

Edited by philip kelly

More to do with the crap installer and downloader.

I got it sorted, but the help on the autodesk forum is terrible, you have to wait for the americans to come in to work.

I wish they would separate the modeler and renderer.

Nobody uses the renderer.

It would be cheaper.

Philip

you have to wait for the americans to come in to work.

Well yea, there are some people in this country that still believe they need to eat and sleep to survive.

There are a few changes on the new Autodesk panel overall, so I would not trust those install during a crunch time or deadline.

Actually, I would not use Max 2018 on a project yet because of the same thing, it is too early to be 'trusted' within the tight deadline for now.

• 2 months later...

Hi Francisco / Philip,

Yep, I'm with Francisco, we avoid installing any new releases till Autodesk are at least a service pack or two into the relevant version.

We have found though that our Autodesk agent / supplier was able to provide direct links so we can install e.g Revit separately to version 2018 while keeping the rest of the Suite / bundle in whatever version we're using at the moment. I'm not sure if it's a formal Autodesk service or just our supplier being helpful with these links, but one thing is for sure we will not be guinea pigs any longer for the glitchy new releases.

Regards

Jesper Pedersen

http://www.pedersenfocus.ie

so, why do you all still use Autodesk products? because architects use Revit? or because you prefer Max to Cinema?

Nobody wants to learn new SW...mostly.

1000s of assets, scripts, plugins, old scenes, templates...in most cases it is not worth of migration, at least for freelancers.

Big studios are different story. IT/ CAD managers would done most of work, instead of you.

Some of the users are 20+ on Autodesk, migration would be hard and painful...

AND AUTODESK KNOWS IT VERY WELL!!!