Uvw mapping's viewport and render is different

rozsaorban

Hey there

I've got a problem with rendering. I've done a bitmap wallpapering with uvw mapping, and while in the viewport it all looks fine, when I'm rendering the final image, it all gets messed up and stays unchanged at just some places.

I've got some screen shots to show you more about the settings i've used and etc.

Could someone help me how to sort out this issue?

screen1.jpg

bedroom1.jpg

Hey there

I've got a problem with rendering. I've done a bitmap wallpapering with uvw mapping, and while in the viewport it all looks fine, when I'm rendering the final image, it all gets messed up and stays unchanged at just some places.

I've got some screen shots to show you more about the settings i've used and etc.

Could someone help me how to sort out this issue?

Try resetting the xform on the geometry?

or

Are you walls all separate objects from one another? If so try attaching them together and then applying the UVW map modifier.

I never had good result using real world scaling on the textures, I just uncheck that and control the size with the uvw modifier.

I know there are some issues with Max viewport and real world scaling.

IS this building modeled inside 3D Max or it was imported from REVIT or similar.

if that is the case, then what CD mentioned will apply. Wrong scale after import. but in this case is uneven stretching or scaling.

I don't think this should dissuade you from using real world scaling, it's a simple mapping issue that we all encounter.

Either use a real time / interactive preview or Neil Blevins Soulbourn Script package, which is a must anyway (and free), which has Texmap Preview function, that will quickly preview the mapping exactly as it will render.

As an aside, for me Architecturally - using real world scaling means I can set my materials and forget. They are interchangeable from project to project without having to waste precious time stuffing about guessing the tiling each time. To do otherwise suggests you've too much time to waste and secondly I assume that your mapping issue has sprung from using a boolean for your window opening which IMHO is a practice that probably should be avoided too.