shmuck3d

Hello all,

After a long break..currently im working on interior scenes for animation using vray 3.4. Some how i cant figure out why are those colors bleeds as shown in picture attached. Im a bit new in animation with vray. Currently i used Sketchup/3dsmax-Vray (modeling and rendering) -AfterEffect/Vegas (for compositions).

What is the best format to use for all the prepass? because its eating all my hardisk space for a 2minutes animation.

thanks in advanced.

lib2.jpg

I don't use SU, but in Max the solution would be to use a VRayOverrideMTL and the Wood Flooring as your Base color, but then use a basic whit or Mid Grey as your GI Override. This should prevent color splash. The same would go for you Pinkish color splash, however I think that object is simply missing a material.

On the animation front, It is just HD intensive. There are a lot of images being saved and end over end you are getting high, if not peak memory usage, and CPu is being maxed... that's just rendering in general.

Animations are easiest done using BF+LC. I say that because it is the least to manage BF usually plows through issues that trip up Irradiance Map rendering. On the flip of that IR+LC can be a lot faster and less grainy, but pre-pass and issues/surprises are more present.

If you are looking for easy animation rendering with Vray, I would suggest BF+LC. You are going to wait longer, but manage less. Denoiser can be employed and run after the fact if you want to render with more noise, but if this is a route that you choose you may also consider progressive rendering with the denoiser and setting a time limit on equal machines. Noise Threshold limits can be used for various machine types, but that can be less predictable time-wise.

After Effects or Nuke are great Post Production tools.

In the end, Animation rendering has so many factors, most dealing with time and quality, but there is no secret sauce. You should get to know them all and then use a still image test frame time to gauge your total render times. You do the math and decide what your best method is.

Ir = Blurring of your samples and a reduction in subtlety, but not overly obvious and you get a clean result. BF = exact sampling with full subtlety, but more noise and more render times. Both have their merits.

Good Luck.

THANK YOU for your generous explanation. It was blured before and now i can clearly understand the basics or IR and BF.

IR setting can look good and fast for a frame, but if applied to the whole animation, it does render quick with a flicker of course (Y_Y)

Also experimenting on Solid Rocks to ease the pain of the settings..