Hebe-jeebies!

Chris MacDonald

Hey guys,

Just had a project that stalled for a few days so decided to use the spare time to create some plants (lavender and hebe) that I suspected might be used in the landscaping plan; the only reason for doing this myself was that so many of the plants available on the market at the moment are fairly "residential" looking, and not the kind of hardy shrubs that I am often in need of, and also one of quality. I plan on doing many, many more (time permitting).

Test 05.jpg

Test 06.jpg

...use the spare time to create some plants (lavender and hebe) that I suspected might be used in the landscaping plan...

Those look great!

I just took a walk to photograph some bushes (bring me a shrubbery!) as inspiration for a house I'm working on today (includes some lavender probably). I'm thinking I'll paint 'em, though, and layer on in Photoshop. 3D plants are such a PIA to get right/look right. Yours are looking quite usable.

These are being done with GrowFX; it requires a lot of thought up front as to the structure of the plant; I've found the branches/twigs within the plant that you can't even see are just as (if not more) important than the final stems and leaves as they give the plant their overall shape. Having some decent source photographs of the plants is quite helpful too - we have these Hebe plants in our company car park, so that's been quite helpful.

I dont know if understood your problem correctly (flower overlapping with leaves). You have in distributor range parameters start value 70%, but end value should be lower than 100%. So it may have to be leaves 0% to 70%, flowers 70% to 90% and another leaves paths 90% to 100%.

Edited by Andres Saarnak