New to visualization, any feedback appreciated

owenroberts

1502738495.jpg

Studio/Institution: University of Leeds
Genre: Commercial Exterior
Software: Cinema 4D
Description:

Hi,

I'm very new to 3D and visualization, and am looking for any feedback on how I can improve this image.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Owen

Materials seem to be OK, the snow is OK it could be better with better lighting I guess, but what really is missing is any soul or point of interest.

Composition wise it seems none attractive, I really don't know what to look at it. the main objective I know is the building but it is dark and with no accent. If it is cloudy and cold outside, the building should look warmer and be inviting. it should show there is something going on, that I would like to go there, now it looks like I tried to visit that museum and it was closed.

You are leaving an open area on the left side of the image, but there is nothing there, just background fog. Placing people or a couple walking into the building or a family excited to go into that museum would justify your framing, right now it seems just bad framing.

The image below was done by MIR, I usually don't like to compare renderings to rendering but it the first image that I found.

Here you can see basically the same concept, cold outside, building in the background. You can see the good framing and composition. The sheeps are leading the way to get into the house, that it looks warmer and inviting, everything else seems cold and open, there is a big empty space on the left too but it is justified by the warmer house at the bottom and the waterfall on the right, both areas give you a seance of scape, very open space, justifying the location of that house in an open area some place in the country.

Rindalshytter-Langhus-brekeMedFoss-credits-and-copyrights-www.mir.no.jpg

Great thanks Francisco, yes, I see what you mean about the left side of the image and the need for a clear point of interest/lack of warmth in the otherwise cold scene.

Thank you so much for taking the time, really appreciate your feedback. I will work further on this.

Hi,

I'm very new to 3D and visualization, and am looking for any feedback on how I can improve this image.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Owen

Hi there,

For some reason I cannot see the image you posted! Can you post it again?

Antonis.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hi,

Here you go. I actually started making some changes following the feedback from Francisco (so you can see an update). I hope I haven't actually made it worse :s

I feel a little embarrassed as I have seen the quality of other users work here, it is amazing. I'm just starting out and trying to get any feedback.

Thanks.

Owen

Screenshot-(46).jpg

gallery1.jpg

That's more like it! Well The first image seems 100% more appealing than the second one! It has an atmosphere and the person at the back seems to play a role of his own!

Where you stop the manipulation of an image, is sometimes difficult to understand when you are a beginner!

Till now I like the image I see! I do not think you are far!

Kind regards,

Antonis.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk