Pc build

Hi Jagdish,

This is a ridiculous question as it misses out a lot of information. You need to give an idea of budget and say which country you are in. Also, what you'll be using the software for. You say animation - I guess Arch/Viz flythroughs? Could be any kind of animation, medical animation for instance?

Please be more specific and then someone can answer your question.

Best, Tom

Okay great, and do you need the machine for modelling and putting scenes together, or is it just for rendering?

The next question after this is how heavy are your scenes? Are you working with lots of plants, trees, grass - large exteriors, or are you working with relatively simple interiors?

Thanks, Tom

The reason I'm asking is beacuse if you are using the computer for modelling and setting up scenes, then you will need a relatively decent graphics card. If you are just using the computer for rendering then you can go with a very cheap graphics card.

Further, if you are working with heavy scenes then you'll need a lot of memory (I'd probably go with 32GB, more if you can afford it), but if you are working with internal, lighter scenes then you can get away with less memory (about 16GB).

Computer specs for a Workstation

Hi, all I need a help

Here i have pasted an example link for the animation. I would like to know is this specs is ok for to handle these kind of a project, not for animation rendering. Rendering will be doing in a rendering farm. I am useing 3dmax and Vray

OP_01

CPU Intel - Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor

Memory - 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4

Storage 1 - 512gb Solid State Drive

Storage 2 - 1TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

Power Supply 850W

OP_02

CPU Intel - Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 v2 2.60Ghz

Memory - 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4

Storage 1 - 512gb Solid State Drive

Storage 2 - 1TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive