How to Connect these two vertices?

shafqatkhan

Hello Everyone.

I know there it will be a very simple solution to this but since I'm new to 3ds max, I don't know what would be the answer so I came up here to ask you folks.

I have a surface (attached herewith from Google Drive) that I import from AutoCAD and I know it's not having proper connected faces or whatever but I know I "weld" all the vertices in Spline mod and then convert it to Editable Poly but it end up with blank areas and I cannot fill these with polygon face. I need a quick tip to this that how I can connect or create a line between these two vertices to be able to fill them up. Most importantly, I don't want to give it any height or Extrude any of the "Gray color" surfaces shown in the picture. Any help will be appreciated. :confused:

Link to the Screenshot (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxiSj0VsuKZMMkJvanAwbEJRNFE)

Untitled.png

• 2 years later...
On 10/1/2017 at 4:36 AM, shafqatkhan said:

Hello Everyone.

I know there it will be a very simple solution to this but since I'm new to 3ds max, I don't know what would be the answer so I came up here to ask you folks.

I have a surface (attached herewith from Google Drive) that I import from AutoCAD and I know it's not having proper connected faces or whatever but I know I "weld" all the vertices in Spline mod and then convert it to Editable Poly but it end up with blank areas and I cannot fill these with polygon face. I need a quick tip to this that how I can connect or create a line between these two vertices to be able to fill them up. Most importantly, I don't want to give it any height or Extrude any of the "Gray color" surfaces shown in the picture. Any help will be appreciated. :confused:

Link to the Screenshot (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxiSj0VsuKZMMkJvanAwbEJRNFE)

Untitled.png

Not sure if I understand your question.

What you want to do is create geometry where there is none right now??  Like this is a floor pattern that has a different material for the edges?  like in those gray areas?? if so you can use Edges bridge option under edges sub object,  this will create a polygon in between, You could do this all around.

Of course it would be time consuming.

Otherwise I would create a plane under this geometry, then rise this CAD geometry a couple of inches or centimeters, then select all the edges and under sub object option select, create spline from selected edges.
Then select your base plane and under the create panel choose Compound objects, then choose ShapeMerge. Click the button pick shape and select the newly created shape.

This will cut your base plane with all those lines, then you can apply a Edit mesh modifier in top of your plane and select those areas and give a different Material ID than the base floor material.

This may be faster than welding and bridging edges and polygons for your geometry.

Hope this helps.

Fco.