Vray Exterior Rendering Problem

nuelorines

Hi guys. I have a problem with my rendering of an exterior scene. At first it starts to render but when it hits building light cache it stops at that period. I left it overnight but still no progress. I have no problems at least with any of my interior scenes. Any of you guys know the problem?

I've attached a screenshot of my redner window. Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

Hi, I am using Sketchup 2015 and my renderer is Vray. Right now it is now rendering at 30%. My now concern is why does my rendering taking this so long. I have no issues with my interior scenes.

There may be many issues that will increase your render time, final size of the image, Computer specs, Displacements, render quality size of textures, the number of polygons, network speed... between others, we will need more information of your scene to try to understand what the problem.

In Vray global settings, disable or uncheck displacement and then try to render....most likely using displacement map in a material and it is taking 'forever' to calculate light cache. It looks like you are using older vray....trying to remember where the setting where off top of my head. (You should alwasys state what version you are using when asking for help.) You'll need to track down the material using displacement and disable displacement. Try just using bump instead.

If you're trying to render grass using displacement - don't. It won't work in sketchup/vray like it does in Max.....sketchup/vray doesnt handle large amounts of displacement well. Try using the Skatter extension or just add grass in post-production. Also look into upgrading to vray 3.4. The drastically improved parsing times make using skatter with larger amounts of geometry much more achievable. (seconds compared to many many minutes / hours)