Long renderTime and reflections-lights-setup problem

patriktezbir

Hi guys, I'm recently trying to optimalize vray setUp for fastening the render, but keeping adecvate quality of result(mainly noise reduction)

I'm rendering pretty simple scene (image) but render time is reeeally long (for this example it was more than 10hours) - it's unbelievable...and what more, after 10 hours it's always making problem with some materials, specially reflections are going totally wrong/slow

I have sketchUp 17 and vRay 3.4, using almost defaults -brute force like primary, and light cache like secondary

please, i need some help with it, i'm hopeless

pnfqs3Ehj

Are you using vray lights or a light material for lighting? Looking at the noise I'm guessing a light material.

Use the material with emissive to 1 to light up the bulb or lens, but place a vray light below it to illuminate the scene. Check the glossy samples on the materials, set them to 20 or so and then use normal render settings. You can also try the denoiser render element.

To add that previously mentioned, check your geometry, be sure there are no coplanar surfaces.

Be sure all geometry is oriented in the same direction (back flipped faces).

Also if you need faster rendering, you should try to use Irradiance as first bounce, Brute force will be slower to render.

What are your computer specs?? You may be running out of RAM also, this will slow down your render considerably.