How can I polar array 3d max populate sitting people?

jorgesanchez1

I would attach them to a simple geometric object like a disk that is right below them. That way the center will be the center of the disk and everything will rotate properly. Then just delete the disk.

Edited by heni30

The problem is that they all have to be mixed ppl men, women, etc and if I attach a disc to one and array it, it will then be the same person arrayed. I can however array the ppl and I get a good mix. It's only when I shift the pivot of the seated person to array the ppl about the correct arc point when it gets all gets messed up and the ppl all regenerate at the pivot instead of landing on their seats. I think the solution lies in rotating all ppl at same time once they are created so that one pivot axis looks at the arc pivot center point. PLEASE HELP!

* Create a point helper at the center of your arc

* Set the Reference Coordinate System dropdown to Pick... and choose the point helper

* Set the Center flyout button to Use Transfomr Coordinate Center

Now the Array tool will array in an arc exactly the way you want:

skJesY0.jpg

Thank you John Seagull, now if we could only figure out how to array a mix of men and women instead of the same sex. Don't know how to do it. I tried doing as a copy and as an instance but it only copies the same sex I start the array with. Either all male or all female.:(

Anyway I ended up doing it by hand and using the align tool. Here it is.

Gym-Auditorium.jpg

Looks great. I like the variety of people types and poses. Looks like a natural mix of folks.

You could array a mix of male/female - Array a group of 8-12 people at a time - then subtract people here and there

and change some colors to make it less uniform.