Distributed rendering

alexcovrig

Hi all,

I have build a mini render farm with 7 servers.

Can anyone advise me how can I render in 3DSMAX, with vray, separate frames on each node (each node to work alone on single frame, one after another) and not all the nodes to work on the same frame one after another?

Thanks alot!

Edited by alexcovrig

I would recommend the third-party software Deadline over Backburner for just about anybody these days. It's affordable now for small shops with their usage-based licensing, or $50/rendernode/year if you're running the farm full-tilt-boogie.

Its best feature is the lack of a central Manager machine as a single point of failure. Jobs are queued and checked out through a specially-constructed file share that you can even install on a NAS.

Also, unlike Backburner it is both bulletproof and highly flexible.

It also has tools for remote administration and wake-on-lan that blow anything Backburner can do out of the water.

Hei, thanks to all for replies.

I tried already with backburner and it works fine.

The idea with Deadline where you don't have a manager anymore is very good, is just that the backburner comes free when you already bought 3DSMax. If it will be able to do together with all the nodes the Phoenix FD simulations, it really worth the money, but can it?

Hi,

I recommend you should take a look a free and opensource render farm manager software: Afanasy. The setup tutorial (for Windows) can found here: http://ramellij.blogspot.com/2015/06/how-to-build-open-source-renderfarm.html

Or if you looking for the other render farm manager software, you can view the list in here: https://rentrender.com/render-farm-manager/all/