Bathroom interior - could use some feedback!

1509848004.jpg

Studio/Institution: Andreas Bjørshol Design
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds Max, Arnold
Description:

Hello!

I'm quite new to architectural visualization, but finished my first image today and could really use some thoughts. I think there is a looot of room for improvement here, but I'm struggling to see what I can do to improve the image.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Postproduction_final_web.jpg

Edited by andreasbjorshol

I don't know where your reply went, but thanks!

You're probably right that everything's too bunched up. Designing the space and positioning everything was one of the biggest problems in the process - probably due to my lack of experience in interior design. I think I might take some time to reposition everything and use some reference images to improve the composition of the room.

About the cabinet, you're spot on. I modeled it after my own bathroom sink, and there actually is no space to lean over it. :)

What I do is put in a white 5' 6" person into the scene and just move it around and put it next to

furniture, the design fixtures, etc. That way you can check the scale and spacing of things.

You'd see that there's not enough space to walk up to open the windows.

And there probably shouldn't be a gap at the ceiling trim. How do you like arnold?

Great advice, I'll try that!

Arnold is working very well for me so far. I don't have much experience with other renderers, and since Arnold was bundled with 3ds Max 2018, it made sense for me to try it out. I'm glad I did, setting up a render is really straightforward and produces great results in few steps. I did hear that Arnold isn't especially effective for archviz work, might be true or not - it's hard for me to know with no real point of reference. To me it seems like a user-friendly and uncluttered way of learning how to render.

Thanks!