Ways to find 3D Model Ideas that Sell

tonyroebuck

I've been a professional architectural visualization freelancer for the past decade.

But over the years I've developed a side interest. I sell commercial 3d models on Turbosquid... and things have gone pretty well.

So I'm now beginning to write some guides and tutorials to help other 3D artists to do the same thing.

I really think its worth it for people in our profession.

Whenever you have down time between clients you can spend your time creating something of value for others, and make some extra income !

You'll find my first post on this subject on my blog here:

8-ways-find-3d-model-ideas-sell

Feel free to leave me a comment :-)

Interesting. I never think of selling my models because I tend to make them for my purposes, which can be lower-poly than most people would use. I wouldn't want issues or complaints. Lately I've made some higher-level objects for projects that might be up to standards. Except I'd have to UV map them more or better. I never thought there would be enough cash from sales to justify the high standard of build (meaning the time invested).

Your presentation is a bit PowerPoint-y, but detailed. 'This one tool will double your sales' happened. I wish you had provided a direct link to your Turbosquid store, though I can look it up I'm sure. All that writing about finding the perfect subject matter lead inquiring minds to wonder what those models are OF.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.