Vray horrible noise displacement lenght related

lucalanceri

As title, when i try to use a displacement map on my models i obtein a real hugly noise effect, it seems related to the edge lenght set, lower it is, more noise is generated, if i unchek view-dependent box the effect seems go better but not actualy disappears.

Displacement noise.jpg

Here a picture of the issue.

Someone had the same problem?

Sorry for my broken english

Vray displacement is very dependent on the triangulation of the geometry.

In your case, you could use a smooth modifier before you place your VRay Displacement Modifier. Also be sure your displacement map is good quality, about 2k Should do.

Now, for that type of detail on characters, I would recommend using a normal map instead displacement.

Vray displacement is very dependent on the triangulation of the geometry.

In your case, you could use a smooth modifier before you place your VRay Displacement Modifier. Also be sure your displacement map is good quality, about 2k Should do.

Now, for that type of detail on characters, I would recommend using a normal map instead displacement.

Congratulations

Nothing of what you say fit whit my question.

I now that's very dependt by triangulation, the problem is that more accurate is the edge lenght more is the "noise" and, how you can see by the picture, it's a very weird kind of noise, don't seems the regular noise by low subdivisions.

Attach a more High Resolution image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55917[/ATTACH]

All map are in 8k

Simply tired about people that every time you made a question they give the answer not for help but just for saying something.

It's not helping it's ego.

If i hade one penny for every people that answer about a displacement map issue with "use a normal" map i will be ****ing rich for the god sake!

You have the answer? Tell it. You don't have it? Tell nothing.

I don't think to ask to much

Simply tired about people that every time you made a question they give the answer not for help but just for saying something.

It's not helping it's ego.

If i hade one penny for every people that answer about a displacement map issue with "use a normal" map i will be ****ing rich for the god sake!

You have the answer? Tell it. You don't have it? Tell nothing.

I don't think to ask to much

Dude you need to calm down, first, learn how to talk in a professional environment will help you to grow as a person otherwise nobody will ever help you or even consider you to work with.

This is not a kiddy fan website full of fanboys trying to see who has the bigger D#!ick.

Besides is everybody if telling you to use a normal map instead of displacement, well maybe they are into something.

Yes and exactly what i suppose to do with this advice if i need to use a displacement map?

Better idea, why thay cannot simple put away displacement tools from 3ds for good?

Maybe, just maybe, it's because displacement it's usefull for something?

Yeah i know professional environement, and yet, if someone come to my studio asking something and i answer with something else not related and i waste time of studio they fire me.

Beside, i'm perfectly calm, but you cannot avoid sarcasm when they answer to you in this way