Missing textures warning

danieleboldicotti

Hello chaps,

I am currently having a problem in 3ds max, I have had to open several files from the library and re-link all the textures (Texture maps library relocation) but once I have saved the file if someone else of the team opens the same files they get the "Missing external Files" warning saying there are missing textures. This, as you can understand, is quite annoying and frustating. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Best,

Dan

Are they using the same driver letter paths?

You could also try unc paths if that fails.

Are you linking them through the asset browser? Doing this on the loading screen (the new pop up window) only adds the texture paths to your local machine saved paths and will not work on another account. Best to use bitmap relinker by colin senner or manually through the asset browser - shift T

You could also try unc paths if that fails.

I have to agree. We always use UNC paths and never have a problem. We only have a problem if we assign a letter to a path, then it's always an issue. The solution - UNC paths.

Here's a link to the Max help:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-65B76EDE-2219-417F-9BB5-368074115909-htm.html

Best, Tom

• 3 weeks later...
Hello chaps,

I am currently having a problem in 3ds max, I have had to open several files from the library and re-link all the textures (Texture maps library relocation) but once I have saved the file if someone else of the team opens the same files they get the "Missing external Files" warning saying there are missing textures. This, as you can understand, is quite annoying and frustating. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Best,

Dan

This is just a 3ds max thing, but there is a fix. After you relink, open the 3d asset tracker and press the refresh button. Now if you save the file the relinked paths should be fine.

Si