Shadows and light problem

Julio Verani

Hello people,

I know this problem has been covered plenty of times before and believe me, i read all there is to find on google and i still can't figure it out.

In the image below, all corners have at least one problem related to light or shadow, or both, and i read older posts, newer posts, tried all the solutions pointed by the experts and, voilá, the problem persists.

https://imgur.com/a/xCbRz

Below are my complete settings (the vraySky in on Default, without VraySun).

https://imgur.com/a/M2gss

I really thank you guys for taking the time to help me in this somehow redundant problem.

I think you should put some interior lights first, only with the exterior lighting, and assuming is an HDRI, this may not be enough lighting for this scene. The less light you have more load on the GI.

Having said that all your control had been tweaked in some way, so even tho your Irradiance setting is at High, there are some mix controls that is making the whole system to not work correctly.

I would recommend resetting all your settings. Switch your render engine to scanline then back to V-Ray, then just click render, you should get a better GI than what you have now. To get a better image, I would switch to Bucket mode and adjust the noise threshold and min shade rate.

Those Gi shadow blotches are produced because your Irradiance number is high but the interpolation is very low. also, you are using local subdiv so you need to adjust the Global DMC and the image sampler, this are too many settings to deal with, that's old school. The new System is way more simple than all that.

Forget about anything you read before V-Ray 3.x

Just reset all your setting, go default values, everything should work then, read the help from V-Ray, there they explain how to work with noise threshold, max samples, min shade rate.

that's all.

I think you should put some interior lights first, only with the exterior lighting, and assuming is an HDRI, this may not be enough lighting for this scene. The less light you have more load on the GI.

Having said that all your control had been tweaked in some way, so even tho your Irradiance setting is at High, there are some mix controls that is making the whole system to not work correctly.

I would recommend resetting all your settings. Switch your render engine to scanline then back to V-Ray, then just click render, you should get a better GI than what you have now. To get a better image, I would switch to Bucket mode and adjust the noise threshold and min shade rate.

Those Gi shadow blotches are produced because your Irradiance number is high but the interpolation is very low. also, you are using local subdiv so you need to adjust the Global DMC and the image sampler, this are too many settings to deal with, that's old school. The new System is way more simple than all that.

Just reset all your setting, go default values, everything should work then, read the help from V-Ray, there they explain how to work with noise threshold, max samples, min shade rate.

that's all.

Thanks Francisco!

As a matter of fact, i found a simpler way to normalize the results, just by switching light cache from World to Screen, then this happened

https://imgur.com/a/8tN5t

But i'll study more about each setting to learn more about, individually, and how they impact the image.

Thanks a lot AGAIN!

that's all.

Thanks Francisco!

As a matter of fact, i found a simpler way to normalize the results, just by switching light cache from World to Screen, then this happened

https://imgur.com/a/8tN5t

But i'll study more about each setting to learn more about, individually, and how they impact the image.

Thanks a lot AGAIN!