CSS for Internet Explorer

Crazy Homeless Guy

of course this is not the proper site to post this question, but maybe there is someone here who can help me.....

i am trying to use CSS for my page, but the styles don't seem to be working in internet explorer, but they work fine in firefox.

i have a linked css sheet, with a 'nav' tag defined in it. the tag in my link sheet looks like this....

nav { position:absolute

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 10pt;

color: #000000;

letter-spacing: .5pt;

word-spacing: 1pt;}

i am trying to apply this tag to a layer in my index file. my layer code looks like this.....

...where i want the 'about' to take on the text enhancements specified for the nav tag that i have defined in my linked CSS.

in firefox, the

around the text in the layer works, but in internet explorer it doesn't seem to have any effect.

any ideas? ...i am using CSS wrong?

Hey Travis,

I looked at this to see what was going on. I see two problems witht he cod right now though.

There are a couple different styles of CSS. The only one that can be applied to any text is a "Class Style". The way to tell a class style is it will have a "." prepended to the name. So your style script should look like this:

.nav {

word-spacing: 1pt;

position: absolute;

}

The next thing that I've done is added the word test to my layer. This is so that I had something to set the link, and the style to. Replace test with your word or image.

If it doesn't work I will probably need to see the rest of the code to fix it.

I hope that this helps you.

crw

Hey Travis,

I looked at this to see what was going on. I see two problems with the code right now though. I have made the correction inside the code, bold.

There are a couple different styles of CSS. The only one that can be applied to any text is a "Class Style". The way to tell a class style is it will have a "." prepended to the name. So your style script should look like this:

.nav {

}

The next thing that I've done is added the word test to my layer. This is so that I had something to set the link, and the style to. Replace test with your word or image.

crw

Hey Travis,

I looked at this to see what was going on. I see two problems with the code right now though. I have made the corrections in bold.

.nav {

}

crw