Vray Adv vs. RT : weird desaturated rendering

simonoudiette

Hi everyone,

I'm currently transitioning from Vray Adv to Vray RT and got stuck with quite a weird issue.

Here are 3 renderings of the same grass and leaves asset.

One is in VRay Adv. Everything looks normal

Second is in Vray RT using CPU. Some blades of grass are already disappearing, and saturation is lower

Last one is in Vray RT using CUDA (2x 1080Ti). All the textures are suddenly fully desaturated.

Any idea of where that could come from? I tried tweaking the material but there's really nothing special about it so I'm a bit lost

Thanks!

Vray Adv CPU.jpg

Vray RT CUDA.jpg

Vray RT CPU.jpg

Hi Tom,

Thanks for chiming in. You're right I should have posted all these basics settings.

Since I posted this thread I managed to identify what the problem was. It actually came from a Forest Color node that was in the material. I first thought that all Forest Pack feature were working with Vray GPU but obviously I was wrong.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there...

I was pretty much in the same boat. I recently bought a 1080ti and wanted vray to utilize the cuda power of it, but later realized that,

1) Vray Adv doesn't support CUDA but renders everything fine (3ds max 2015 with forest pack)

2) Vray RT on the other hand does support CUDA but it messing up the rendered o/p and creating grainy noisy images..

How did you fix that? How can I use cuda and get the same quality of render?