Anyone got an old copy of vray 1.5?

furryclure

I am a very part time Exhibition and Interior Freelance Designer using Vis 2008. I'm not getting the stunning visuals other designers present but can't afford to buy a subscription of Vray and Max so I'm looking for alternative suggestions. Ideally I'd buy vray 1.5 (hindsight is a wonerful thing) but that's not an option unless anyone has an old copy lying around? Many thanks.

Doesn't Viz 208 include mental ray? The UI is a little jankier, and you'll spend more energy fighting with GI settings than you would with a more current raytracing renderer, but you can use that to make perfectly credible work.

Jennifer Connor's mental ray book is from around that time iirc, and is a great resource.

I know this answer on the face of it isn't helpful, but....

There's no reason to aspire to owning old software. If your time is worth absolutely nothing to you, then fine. But I'm going to assume your time is the most valuable thing you own, so get yourself the right tools or you'll be wasting your own most precious resource (time) and the clients (money) simultaneously. Even if it means going to a bank and getting a loan for $10k; You'll have a great computer, the best software and you'll know the playing field is level. You will no longer have to compensate your estimates based on the fact your gear is 10yrs out of date.