Export settings for use in newer version

mn4

Hi folks...

I have quite a simple question, yet I don´t know the answer:

At the moment I´m using 3DSmax 2014 with VRAY 3.20.02... I´ll start working on a new project tomorrow... but that office solely uses 3DSmax 2017/2018 with vray 3.5. (...)

I already saved the 3DSmax-2014 file including the vray settings and just opened it in the newer version, and it also accepts all the numbers in the different columns in the vray render settings... yet when I rendered, the rendering came out white or black...

Does anyone of you know which steps I missed out?

Any help is highly appreciated :-D

Hi folks...

I have quite a simple question, yet I don´t know the answer:

At the moment I´m using 3DSmax 2014 with VRAY 3.20.02... I´ll start working on a new project tomorrow... but that office solely uses 3DSmax 2017/2018 with vray 3.5. (...)

I already saved the 3DSmax-2014 file including the vray settings and just opened it in the newer version, and it also accepts all the numbers in the different columns in the vray render settings... yet when I rendered, the rendering came out white or black...

Does anyone of you know which steps I missed out?

Any help is highly appreciated :-D

I'm guessing it's an exposure control or tonemapping problem. The procedures for both of those changed quite a bit IIRC. If you pop open the exposure control in the VRay framebuffer, do you see anything if you slide the exposure slider back and forth?

Thank you for for the tip...

ok problem solved.... we got some help from a friend that sent us a file with all the settings for the "new" version of 3dsmax/vray...

thx anyway!

Edited by mn4