Best Augmented Reality Apps for Architecture

Lewis Garrison

So I have a client interested in utilizing Augmented reality for marketing purposes. What that exactly means the client is leaving up to me. Whats your experience with delivering architectural interactive augmented models to a client. What programs are you using or recommend not using. And whats the best way of presenting something like this for marketing.

I've created and uploaded 3D models from MAX to the Augment app but its more of an in office demonstration tool, not really something you package and the client can take with them and share with others like a website link. There's also the need for a tracker. I searched in past threads and it's more of the same. The client has to download the app and whoever they send it to also has to download the app. Surely by now there's new programs or websites that I'm missing. Is there a workflow similar to panoramic tours where just you upload 360 renderings to a site and email a link?

there are more recent approaches that do not rely upon trackers but they are a bit dodgy to implement in my limited experience.

PW has made a very public launch of their own demo using this iteration of the tech but nobody I know has been able to get it to work-

http://perkinswill.com/news/perkinswill-launches-augmented-reality-app-ax

Also, be crystal clear with your client about what they want. xR (VR/MR/AR) is getting very convoluted for the end users and most seem to interchange the terminology and applications at will. Personally, 360 panoramas are just that (bubble photos) and have zero to do with xR