3ds max vray renders reddish HELP!!

rodrigogonzalez1

I've been trying by all means to figure it out whats going on with my renders. All renders I do end up with a reddish tone, mine as well as others. For instance I open the 5SRW method ones and just click render, the result is slightly reddish compared with the original one provided in the tutorials. I see the JPG files compared with mine and the result with the exact same settings is different. Please help, I even unistalled the 3.40 vray version and installed the free trial 3.6 to check if the vray installating was causing the problem. But the result is the same.

All tests have been done with the override material using the default vray mtl gray, so no materials adding reddish tone to the surfaces What can it be? any suggestions? please help

Maybe your white balance is wrong.

Color in your image is affected by a few factor. The color of Lights, colors of materials creating light bouncing and also white balance.

This is the camera interpreting the colors of the scene, so if this is not calibrated even if everything is blue in your scene it could look orange.

Also if you are using someone else scene check your gamma in the textures.

if the tutorial you are following was illuminated by an image (IBL technique) then if your gamma is not correct it may affect the colors.

If you are in the 5SRW training, then you could post in their forum and ask directly to Ciro about your problem.

thanks for your help, in fact the scene only has the vray sun, no images, I have not modified anything, the 5SWR was an example to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong, cause this is happening with every render I do, so it is not 5SWR related. I have checked the white balance to neutral or pure white in the camera. I have attached an image for better understanding.

example.jpg

Well, actually the white balance controls do not necessarily have to be on white value (temperature) to display white correctly,

White balance is a rule or a ground value to say, this is gray, everything above is cold everything bellow is warm. and that middle point you need to set it up and it won't be always white color.

Regarding your image I don't see red color, I can see warm light coming from the sun, and that is natural and expected. if you want a more cold looking image, you need to adjust your white balance to that or decrease the intensity of the sun so you get more skylight inside, but this will make everything more bluish.

You can also place VRay lights in the windows, and not set them up as sky portals, they will cast white light and that will neutralize your sun.

You can always desaturate in post and adjust overall colors in post too as any of those "Scandinavian" renderings do.

But have this in consideration, when our eyes read color, they always look for a reference, if everything is White in your scene, like 100%, how you know how white it is??

there is not a reference point. also, everything will look flat or dead. A well-balanced image does not necessarily mean everything white.

Thank you Francisco for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it. Well I'll keep looking for the problem. So far what I have done is in post production apply a cyan filter to balance the reddish result. But I can tell that something is wrong with my Vray 3.40.03 When I don't convert the old scene to new vray, everything is fine, but when I turn it to the new version, the reddish tint appears.

Merry Christmas

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Francisco for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it. Well I'll keep looking for the problem. So far what I have done is in post production apply a cyan filter to balance the reddish result. But I can tell that something is wrong with my Vray 3.40.03 When I don't convert the old scene to new vray, everything is fine, but when I turn it to the new version, the reddish tint appears.

Merry Christmas

Had the same "red tint" issue but not sure which V-Ray version that was.

No matter what setting I tweaked or change, this "red tint" was there only to piss me off.

All I know it was gone only after I reset my render settings to default.