Connection Timeout message in VRay Distributed Rendering

jasonvines

Hi All,

I have a trouble with Vray distributed rendering, when i hit render, i have a green message in VRay log : "Could not connect to host 192.168.0.2:20204:Connection timeout"

Somebody please help me to solve it, i've searching around and still can't find a solution for it.

Thanks Before

step 1: have you checked the DR node to make sure vrspawner is running?

step 2: in the DR settings, does the ip for the DR node display properly when you select 'resolve servers'?

step 3: ping your DR node from your host system. was it successful or was it blocked?

step 4: go to the DR node and ping your host. was it successful or was it blocked?

Thank for reply John,

1. vrspawner in running

2. the ip is displayed properly

3. it's sucessfully pinged..getting replied

4. it's pinged too..

The connection for the two computers is fine for sure. But i still get the timeout message.

Is there another solution for this, i think i'm getting frustated..lol

I'd look at your firewall next to make sure the application on the distributed node is configured to allow external connections.

Also, if windows update has run recently, I'd reinstall vray. we've had it change from trusted to blocked after updates before.

almost forgot, have you tried submitting a regular network render job via backburner as a diagnostic measure to make sure vray/max is working fine internally on the node?