Weird stains in the VraySampleRate pass

Dark Band Studio

Hello,

if you check the Vray_SampleRate pass attached there are some funny artifacts on the floor (there is a vraydisplacement modifier applied to it).

The RGB pass is quite ok but if I zoom in in some points I can see the gap between the stains.

It not depends by the bucket size because the dimension is much smaller than the stains.

123.jpg

What do you think is a solution to avoid that stains?????

I've seen this happen when using distributed rendering, when one machine has a different version of Vray (if I remember correctly)

it also happens when I render just with the local machine

use UNC paths for distributed rendering

All the external files (XREFscene, materials, proxies) are through the network (\\machine_name\folder\filename)

I tried to restart the local machine and render without DR and the blocky samplerate pass seems less intense but still not totally solved

The issue is SOLVED but I have no idea how I made it. I will tell you all the changes I have done since the problem came out till now.

The blocky area in the VRAYsaplerate pass was effecting just the floor. Due a design decision I reduced the tiling size in the floor and tweaked a bit the UVWmap to a different size.

I restarted the machine and the the issue has gone and the render timing seems a bit quicker.

TECHNOLOGY MISTERY

thanks again for your help!!!!