Perennial Gardens Presets Forest Pack

danieleboldicotti

Hello Guys and Happy New Year :)

I am currently working on the set up of several Presets in Forest pack and I should create somehing like the image you can find here below. My main goal is to create a preset with perennial plants that everytime I have to use this in for example a planter or in a garden I just have to do one click.

I am currently trying with "clusters" and "Match Color ID on Map" but I am not satisfied at all with the resoult.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Dan

perennial-garden.jpg

One click solutions are usually hard to create. The transformation options that brings life to the scattered objects in the forest object are usually not fit for all of the different plants in your plant-mix. What you could do instead is create several presets, one for each type of plant. You start with one type of plant, then on the next type you ignore the area of the first plant (ignore forest objects is one function in the forest pack), then the next plant ignores the two first ones etc. Then you get individual transformation and density options for each plant, and you get more control over the final look.

The downside is that you have to create several forest objects each time (depending on how many different plants you have), but since you have the ability to save presets it is just a matter of creating the forest objects in the correct order and add areas/ignore areas of each forest object, so it should be prettty fast.

What You could possibly do is to have a colorful squarish map which You can properly UV to the object which needs perennials scattered. Then in FB use the same color IDs of object to be similar to the color checker map. We have done on few projects which needed plants to be grouped and definitely gave more predictable results. This might imply sort of a color-vegetation type image index. One of the major drawbacks of this method we could not tackle was the uniform and grid effect of the scattered objects based on the map in comparison to using the clusters and built in FP maps.