Open 3d plan rendering

belemaogan

Please i need a best rendering and light settings to render an open 3d plan with walls having white diffuse colour and any backgroung colour besides white, so as to not have the background colour not distorting the colour of my rendering or even on white backgroung in a way that i could differentiate the model well from the background

final output.jpg

i am using the environment light. i need a light settings that will work best for me so i can decide to change my environment diffuse colour and still get a good result. i want a grey backround, and white walls, but it seemed not to be working when using the environment background as light source

I did that, but while rendering I noticed that changing my environment color to mild grey, also affected the color of the walls, and that's my question. How will I get a different color of environment and different color of wall, because any color I use as environment affects my wall when I use the environment as my light source. So how will I get a good light source and settings that will distinctly separate both environment and walls.

My diffuse color of the wall is at white, I even added reflection of mild grey to the wall. See the image I uploaded, as the environment is white, you can hardly differentiate it from the external walls, so it is when its grey. It affects the external walls. I need a grey environment and a white wall. Can I use the environment light to achieve this?, because I have tried and its conflicting or should I introduce an external light source?. If I should, what will the settings look like. That is my challenge

- adding a reflection to the wall will reflect the environment color. I recommend no reflection on these walls

- i cannot see any image you have uploaded

- you can add another light if you wish and just include the wall (the image you have provided looks like there is a rim light added to add to the effect of the walls) you can just include the walls in this light if you wish - just be aware of what extra things you are doing at this point

- no need to worry about settings

- i would use a camera just generally speaking

- it has an implication if you are using any photographic exposure in your environment settings - typically I let the camera/render engine do the tone mapping work

- no light used, just GI of mid grey

I recommend at this point you will need to look over some basic tutorials of lighting for whatever render engine you using

Edited by redvella

Just set the exposure to the level where you get the walls as white as possible. Then adjust levels/contrast in Photoshop/Gimp. Your image would use a little contrast in general. It's very easy, like one minute of work, you can find many tutorias on Youtube. Just leave a little "space" so you won't get them overblown when you add the contrast.

When it comes to the background the Alpha trick is good, you can also just brighten it manually in Photoshop. No need to work on it in render settings.

I am not seeing any image in my rendering window. When I adjust the environment to black, the whole scene becomes black, when I adjust to grey, the whole scene becomes white. Only the alpha channel is showing. I need the RGB channel to show so I know what I am doing. When there was no camera in the scene, at least the scene was ok. My problem was the environment color conflicting with the external walls. Now I have a camera in the scene, and reduced the target EV to 2.0, and my scene is totally white on a grey environment diffuse color and totally dark on a black environment diffuse color, but only the alpha channel is showing. I was to see what am rendering in RGB channel.

My scene was visible when I included a Vray plane light I the scene with a black environment. But I don't want an external light. I need a grey background, a white wall and a camera in the scene. All this to be visible in RGB channel when rendering. I need help