Progressive rendering issue after 2018 Max and Vray upgrade

Yuli Laz

Hi all, I have been having an issue after my versions of vray and max got upgraded. It is Vray Adv. 3.60.04 and Max 2018. The file was created in Max 2016 and Vray 3.5.

Anyway, it opened fine and the setting were set to progressive type 10 minutes per frame. As soon as i reopened it in the upgraded versions it renders more than 10 minutes almost twice more. Even if i do supper simple and quick 1 minutes frame - it renders 4 minutes.

It looks like it getting slow during the Light Cache building stage.

What can be an issue? Maybe displacement? Material settings or I am just an idiot :)

thank you all...

PS: it is super annoying I can't even make draft images as quick as i did before :(

Usually just resetting all your render setting will fix any discrepancy when upgrade.

Every time VRay ask me that will do a setting upgrade I answer no and then manually reset everything.

Having said that if you are using progressive rendering and you set it up to render for 10 minutes, it should render for 10 minutes, not more than that.

if it keeps rendering longer then be sure you are using time and not sampling as a limit.

Otherwise, switch your render engine to scanline and then back to VRay and try again.