Avi format support problem

akshayarora

Hello All,

I am getting a strange problem, I have an animation scene to render and used a .avi file for the background .

On server rendering, few of my render nodes aren't showing the background in the render. Even when I am directly opening that particular file in those PC's ( which are showing issues ) they are not showing file path.

I have attached screenshot also . Please have a look and revert .

Thanks

Capture copy.jpg

Your path may be missing, try to use the script relinkbitmap.

Remember to tip your developer.

Either way, I would not recommend using an AVI or any video format as a background while rendering, it creates more problems than resolving the issue.

For instance, have your take into consideration the FPS of the background video with the camera movement you are generating??

or your final output format compression is compatible with the video background??

Please save yourself a lot of time and headaches and place your video background in post. you can use Fusion (it is free) or if you have access to Adobe software or any decent video editing software.

it will be more flexible and faster.

Your path may be missing, try to use the script relinkbitmap.

Remember to tip your developer.

Either way, I would not recommend using an AVI or any video format as a background while rendering, it creates more problems than resolving the issue.

For instance, have your take into consideration the FPS of the background video with the camera movement you are generating??

or your final output format compression is compatible with the video background??

Please save yourself a lot of time and headaches and place your video background in post. you can use Fusion (it is free) or if you have access to Adobe software or any decent video editing software.

it will be more flexible and faster.

Sir, I completely agree with your point, but if we have an animated sky or ocean background which will put an impact on reflections of inner furniture pieces then?

For now, I have added still image for bg and will use wire color to replace it with an animated bg in After Effects .

I am attaching the image for reference, please suggest if we can do something in 3D max to render the animation with AVI file.

Issue 1 - Background issue.jpg

If the animated sky is affecting lighting, then I would recommend changing your video to a sequence of frames.

You can also give all those effects in post-production, render per passes and give reflections and glossy and even light changing, but of course, that depends how good your technique is in post-production.

If you don't want to deal with that, just change your video to frames only, be sure that video match your FPS animation, camera match movements and all that.

I would not recommend using an AVI or any video format as a background while rendering, it creates more problems than resolving the issue...

AVI is a dead format. It has many limitations including filesize. You can use video software (if they still allow AVIs) to render your AVI out to a frame sequence and use that in your work.

The poor-man's version of what you want to do is to use a good high-res still sky and map it to a geometry and simply animate the position of the sky. Its distracting to have a too-active sky so a slow, simple movement should do the trick and be pleasing.

AVI is a dead format. It has many limitations including filesize. You can use video software (if they still allow AVIs) to render your AVI out to a frame sequence and use that in your work.

The poor-man's version of what you want to do is to use a good high-res still sky and map it to a geometry and simply animate the position of the sky. Its distracting to have a too-active sky so a slow, simple movement should do the trick and be pleasing.

Yes , I have simply followed this , Thanks :)

Problem is coming up that background has ocean also in animation .