Autobackup Error , making file corrupt

akshayarora

Issue 2 - Autobackup error.jpg

Hello All,

I am getting a strange issue from last few days, I have timely intervals setup for auto backup after every 20 min.

But I issue is coming many times often whenever I press render button just after doing some alternations in the file, the auto backup start simultaneously and corrupts the file.

What happens is, File doesn't save even and don't proceed with the render, it just stops processing. I am attaching the image of the issue. Please let me know if 3dmax needs some updating of service pack or any as it wastes a lot of time making the minor changes in file again n again .

Thanks,

Akshay

• 3 weeks later...
If you are using distributed rendering, the file will always try to save once before the render begins.

Try to empty you auto back folder. The error occurs quite often with low disk space.

You can always save the file before you press render as incremental save so you dont need to do the work again all the time?

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for the revert, We are not using distributed rendering in this case , it is not practically possible to save file on each time we press render .

It actually sometimes happens like both actions on same time RENDER and AUTOBACKUP and that time file tends to corrupt .

neither we can cancel the render that time nor the file saves in autobackup .

does it still happen when you go file > new > keep objects and hierarchy?

It will reset the scene but keep your mesh/proxies etc (good when removing corrupt files from a scene). Setup your render settings again and see if it happens

Hi James ,

I will try this , but when file hangs we can't click any option , in that case I can't click on this option also .