Max 2018 latest service pack

Chris MacDonald

Anyone having issues with "doing stuff" in the viewports?

Prior to the update you could select an item, press delete and it'd delete. Since the update it seems to me that once you select an item in the viewport, you are no longer "active" in that viewport and have to click within it again to actually allow you to do things (such as delete, or even move/rotate/scale).

Is anyone else experiencing this intensely annoying behaviour?

Anyone having issues with "doing stuff" in the viewports?

Prior to the update you could select an item, press delete and it'd delete. Since the update it seems to me that once you select an item in the viewport, you are no longer "active" in that viewport and have to click within it again to actually allow you to do things (such as delete, or even move/rotate/scale).

Is anyone else experiencing this intensely annoying behaviour?

That's a new feature, why will you be able to work faster when now you need to double or triple click to do something?? :p

Yes I know many people are experiencing this issue, there is something in the Area website tool, Autodesk is blaming to Logitech keyboards. but I have two similar workstations, one with the update installed the other one doesn't have it and guess what... no update no problems...not sure what's the time frame to 'fix' this issue.

Just report to Autodesk so the can see that they really screw up with this one.

There is a known bug with Max 2018.4, which requires double clicking into certain ui elements to make them active. Most prominently the render setup dialog , but it looks like the issue has spread over more UI parts. I think has something to do with the complete switch to Qt in Max 2018 and is not related to the other ( logitech driver etc.. ) issues people have exprienced.

Max 2018 certainly requires an additional fix/new service pack to "fix" this

Floating; when I docked it the issue went away. Should I sell my second monitor now, or what?

oh boy, that's so funny,

I read your post, Justin, and man what a face plant. of course, the new interface is the problem.

Thanks man, is working fine here too with the control panel docked... what a deal, freaking Autodesk create something and break another tree things at the same time..

oh boy, that's so funny,

I read your post, Justin, and man what a face plant. of course, the new interface is the problem.

Thanks man, is working fine here too with the control panel docked... what a deal, freaking Autodesk create something and break another tree things at the same time..

The other panels can still be floating, its only the control panel that is the problem. At least that's what we have found