Clone Track Along Spline

alexweinberg

I am trying to make tracks like 53 seconds in this video.

So I modeled the wooden track pieces like in the video above and I want to clone it alone a spline to create tracks similar to in the video.

How do I do this?

I tried using the spacing tool with no luck and using the path deform modifier with also no luck.

Please someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by alexweinberg

Here is the thing, Path deformer, clone and align and other tools inside of 3D Max are not parametric, some of them give you the option of adjusting, but it is not truly parametric, for instance, you could extrude a profile of that track around a spline, but then there is no way to use pace the join or connectors of those tracks.

If you look carefully that demo video it seems those tracks are modeled individually in some shots and others are not.

I guess depending on the shot would be the way to approach this.

Having said that Raicloner or another parametric tool would be perfect for this. In the case of raicloner you could set up the length of each track and then place a connector or join between them.

I know some people don't like to spend money on extra tools, but believe me, if there is a software I never regret purchasing is Raicloner or Forest pro. I used to use multi scatter but, forest is way a head of the competition and raicloner can do incredible stuff too.