Loft operation in 3ds max 2016

belemaogan

When using loft tool you have two options, get the path or get the shape I usually use get the shape, because the path is what I want to be followed.

Now when you draw the shape in a top view what is looking up is the direction that it will extrude.

So if you are drawing, for example, a rectangle with a pup up at the right side, when you use the loft tool that pops up will be on the left.

This, of course, will vary if you draw the path to be followed from top to bottom or from bottom to top.

In resume, yes loft tool is kind of weird, but if you understand how it works it becomes very useful.

Depending on what you are looking for you could also use, sweep modifier or other

When using loft tool you have two options, get the path or get the shape I usually use get the shape, because the path is what I want to be followed.

Now when you draw the shape in a top view what is looking up is the direction that it will extrude.

So if you are drawing, for example, a rectangle with a pup up at the right side, when you use the loft tool that pops up will be on the left.

This, of course, will vary if you draw the path to be followed from top to bottom or from bottom to top.

In resume, yes loft tool is kind of weird, but if you understand how it works it becomes very useful.

Depending on what you are looking for you could also use, sweep modifier or other

Thank you for the replies