The HDRI is overexposed in 3ds max viewport (Corona)

linussjoholm

Hi!

I have some issues when i use the HDRI (one of Peter Guthries) in 3ds max and Corona. The HDRI is too overexposed in the viewport and I have lowered the output amount but that only affects the render and not the hdri in the viewport.

When I use vray you can lower the brightness of the hdri in the processing tab and it affects the hdri in the viewport but in Corona I have no idea :o.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...
Hi!

I have some issues when i use the HDRI (one of Peter Guthries) in 3ds max and Corona. The HDRI is too overexposed in the viewport and I have lowered the output amount but that only affects the render and not the hdri in the viewport.

When I use vray you can lower the brightness of the hdri in the processing tab and it affects the hdri in the viewport but in Corona I have no idea :o.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

you can check this video

cheers!

• Like 1

Serkan he means in viewport, not IR/Render.

I have the same issue with some HDRIs, Im guessing you are just trying to rotate it so you have the sun in the direction you want, you can temporarily switch on the Exposure Control in Environment & Effects and drop the EVs until its visible

2najq0x.jpg

I forgot about this thread where Juraj explains how he achieves the viewport view with Corona using the Vray HDRI loader.

https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php?topic=10190.30

"I am using relative EVs exposure (just artistically, not exact match to real world cameras), so I adjust Peter's HDRi into 0.01-0.1 multiplier (I am using VrayHDRi loader) so I can see them exactly as other industry-standard HDRis :- ).

Using HDRi with low multiplier and high exposure or high multiplier and low exposure is ultimately the very same result. But having HDRi base exposure matching real-life exposure makes it easier to match to artificial light fixtures."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One post-processing trick I've been using a lot recently that might help you is to save out to 32-bit HDR format, then lower bit depth in Photoshop to 16-bit and choose the 'Highlight Compression' option.

After that you can use levels or curves adjustments to bring back contrast in your image. This also works well for bringing some colour back into blown out interior lights.