Project management for CGI’s across multiple office

jasontome1

Just throwing it out there. How do the large archviz studios deal with project management across multiple offices? In my circumstance we have offices across Australia and at times it can be hard to manage client comments etc. I was just wondering how the larger Archviz studios or even architectural studios deal with project management, client corrections/comments/amendments when you have multiple people working on the same project from multiple offices. Currently we use Trello but I just wondering what other studios are using.

I know Jeff brought it up in the past (http://forums.cgarchitect.com/606-project-managment-software.html) but nothing really came of it. Also, and I think only Jeff Mottle can answer this, I believe that there was once an ad for some software on the cgarchitect website that solved this problem. However I could be wrong.

All suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Edited by Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Wow that thread is almost 15 years old now!! I've been out of production for a while and things have changed a lot since that thread. I know a lot of people use Trello and aware of a hundred others, but don't know what people are currently using.

With regards to the ad, I think you were referring to Review Studio? https://register.reviewstudio.com/?a=cga That is not a project management app, but rather an image and video markup ad.

On the Arch Firm that Iw work we use Office 365, and produceev ( http://www.producteev.com)

The latest worked fine for a while but the lack of calendar and seeing the project stack on top of each other per date didn't cut it for me, I am a visual person and I like to see how many projects are running at the same time, start beginning pauses and all that, other people like to read so in that case producteev may work better.

• 2 weeks later...

We've used: Stacks of Paper, Review Studio, "I Keep It All In My Head", Google Docs/Sheets, Shotgun, Trello, and Basecamp.

Shotgun was/is powerful, but takes some thought in setting up. Our client was happy with the review side though.

Basecamp is similar, but more scaled down. I used it the least, but was made part of several projects and stayed well informed of progress.

Review Studio at the time didn't alert me to changes, but was useful in allowing remote commenting from clients as well drawing over frames/images.

Trello I didn't care for because it seemed that the client (who owned the board) could change details and reload images without notification or evidence of the change.

The others are just a list really, save keeping things in your head.

Cost I'm not sure about, but Shotgun and Basecamp seem ready made for larger scale use. Google docs/Sheets tends to work fine for most smaller projects, but requires input.