Animation and number of renderings too high

Stephan Dupont

Hello,

I have a question about the animation. I want to make a linear movement of camera in my scene. I set everything as I wanted. To prevent the camera from moving too fast, I set the duration of the animation to 200 frames (8 seconds). Which means that I have to make 200 renderings, which will take me an incalculable time!

Do you have any tips to limit the number of renderings needed for an animation from 8s to 25 frames per second?

Thx a lot

Well in that case you could

- optimise the scene/render settings to render faster

- lower the resolution

- render passes and comp the crap out of it

- ask a friend to use their hardware

- since the camera is linear you could render one large image and pan across the image in comp

- upgrade your hardware

Or calculate how long it would take at the quality you require and wait.

Rendering one large still and doing the "Ken Burns effect" pan is likely the fastest option. The trade-off is that you will lose the effect of the camera moving through the 3D space. Keep in mind that HD video has a resolution of 1920x1080, which is likely lower than that of whatever stills you are producing. Optimizing the scene, hiding everything not visible to the camera (watch for things that should be visible in reflections, even if not directly visible to the camera), and lowering the resolution to HD may get you closer to acceptable render times. But yeah, animations take a while to render.

What render engine are you using? With Corona, you can cut corners by increasing the noise limit a bit and using their denoising filter. It might not be a tack-sharp animation, but it'll be a finished animation which is better than nothing.