Rhino and 3d max Vray on same render farm

Yuli Laz

Hi all,

At our office we have a small network of computers that play role of render farm. Lately they hired a person who uses rhino and going to do still renderings while I am using 3d max. Render engine is Vray.

Anyway, we both going to use this network. Hopefully not at the same time.

Question is ....how the installation of rhino and Max and Vray will affect the work flow? Backburner became a real pain in the back lately. I just want to be sure that we won't have a war over this or software difficulties.

Hope I explained clear :) probably confusing.

PS: our IT has no idea about render process and work flow.....or license for Vray etc.

Thank you

I don't think Rhino can use Backburner, from what I understand Rhino only could use swarm to do distributed rendering, this is for single images or one machine rendering, the others machines helping.

For any other more complex rendering you should look into Deadline or something similar.

New There is a new V-Ray cloud rendering, you may want to look on that.

Hi Francisco,

Yes, Rhino doesn't use backburner. That is true.

The short story is that the management wants to squeeze the rendering on those computers from Both Rhino and Max using Vray, simultaneously. I really don't know how the system going to react on this. Le sigh. Cheap people. Sad.