make unique

Jackie Teh

Hi Stephen Thomas, i am keyframe the one light multiplier, but the less will be have same keyframe...

what i trying to achieve is i have 10 floor in my scene which i have place 200 lights(20 light in each floor, all instance light now) when i do still image, but now client want me to animate the light turn on floor by floor, i cannot achieve that if all the light in the scene have same keyframe, the will turn on at the same time, not floor by floor..

hoping someone could guide me, thank you very much.

When animating lights I find the light select element is great. This way you can keep them instanced and turn them up/down in post production floor by floor. Separate each floor into 1 light element and animate in post. This also gives you the option if you want later to have them animate in 'waves', or have say left to right per floor, or have a few lights lag behind. Timing this in post will give you much more flexibity than trying to do this in 3D aswell.

Another benefit is you can render 1 frame, and you are just animating the light intensity as an element, instead of rendering hundreds of frames