Quality people in renderings.

heni30

Does anyone know of anyone who does quality post people in Photoshop? It's so time consuming to gather a collection of quality figures and then place correctly in terms of demographics, activity, correct lighting and artistic composition.

Whoever is doing them in the large firms could make a killing by starting a studio that does that exclusively. I know I'd be a customer.

Actually I meant REALLY high quality.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56212[/ATTACH]

Dang, those are good. I'm guessing SteelBlue on the studio, please attribute.

Part of what makes those figures as good as they are is likely very careful post work to make the lighting and saturation match the scene. Also, obviously, they fit perfectly within the perspective, even in the seating areas which are the HARDEST.

It would be great to have a vast portfolio of ready figures to work with. You'd think that someone like me that's been rendering for decades would, but I don't either. What's frustrating for me is that I usually start by drawing figures over a layout to work out who goes where and in what pose. So I get that perfected, then have to go find a photo figure that matches. And they never do.

Figures are an often-overlooked time-consuming step, especially as they are usually a late-stage step when time is tight. But they are critical, as evidenced by the two renderings posted. When done right, they 'make' a piece.

Once you get the people you want....

For compositing people it all comes down to matching: Tone, Saturation, Lighting, Perspective, and Image Quality to a degree.

I like this Method for Tone

and this for Saturation:

Both are by the same person and both take a more Objective route which I think is necessary.

Edited by CoreyMBeaulieu

• 2 months later...