New AMD Build help please - no overclocking

Hi guys

I'm looking at a new workstation/render pc in about 7 weeks from now. I'm leaning towards these components but not entirely sure about exact spec as I've been out the hardware loop for a about 4 years. I'll be doing CPU as well as GPU as well as Hybrid rendering, and some sim stuff. It's highly doubtful I would go beyond 3 GPU's in a single system and would probably end up using only 2 for a long time.

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920x or 1950x (probably the cheaper one) - or maybe 2700x releasing soon

CPU Cooling: Possibly one of these (not sure which): https://noctua.at/en/noctua-presents-cpu-coolers-for-amd-s-ryzen-threadripper-x399-and-epyc-platforms

MOBO: Asus Prime X399-A or perhaps Gigabyte Designare X399

SSD (OS and Apps): M2 - Samsung 960 Pro or M2 - EVO 512GB

(other HDD): Dont need currently as everything else will be on the NAS.

RAM: 64GB Corsair (8 X 8) Not sure which speed or ratios

DVD Drive: Whatever, any will work

GPU: Already have this and will add as needed

PSU: Had bad experience with bunch of Thermaltakes die in the past. What do I need to run the system above, taking into account possibly 3 X 1080Ti

Case/Chassis: Hate bells/whistles and lights. Need something large enough to fit the above, but not a gamer case with millions of lights. Something with good cooling and airflow, silent, that does not sound like an aircraft taking off.

Need 2 new 24inch screens. Had good results and experience with my Dell Ultra-sharps. Don't necessarily need 4K, but I don't want shiny consumer grade screens.

Any advice please? I may tone down on the CPU and MOBO if it costs too much. I'm costing a good "middle"-end PC. In the past whenever I bought systems, the average came in about $2500 USD (converted from local currency) just for the PC and OS (without screens, mouse keyboard). This is not necessarily my current budget, I'm just feeling the waters so I know what to expect when the time comes.

Everything look pretty good to me, regarding the RAM, for what we do (arch Viz) the speed is really important, if any at all.

There are differences of course but it does not affect the overall performance. Just be sure your motherboard is compatible and something that your CPU will work with.

If you are setting up a multi-GPU rig, try to get a biffy power supply, don't go cheap on that, those gtx 1080ti are 250W suckers so you'll need something like a 1000 What PSU Gold+

• 2 weeks later...
Everything look pretty good to me, regarding the RAM, for what we do (arch Viz) the speed is really important, if any at all.

There are differences of course but it does not affect the overall performance.

I was convinced RAM speed was quite important for rendering, with Ryzen CPU's. It's great to know it isn't.

Not really, the new RYZEN CPU is a little more dependent of RAM to get maximum performance, if you are into overclocking or get ut to the last drop of the CPU then just check your motherboard specs and match with the max speed that RYZEN will support.

Having said that, the difference is minimum for everyday task.

When I build mines I got DDR4 2400 because the price was good and there was very little performance difference with a more expensive DDR4 3200.

if you have the budget just get a faster RAM.

But if you are in a budget don't sweat it.