Focal Distance of Vray Sperical Camera

maxmontana

Hi,

I am doing renderings for a 360° Panorama tour of a flat, like this one: https://pics.picmyplace.eu/presentations/project-P6-cFzfaxG4fdbm6QAAMODbToMQoqMvY/start.html

Now we have to make drone photos to generate 360° photo panoramas of them, for the backgrounds on the balcony panoramas.

My Question is: Can someone tell me how we can adjust the DSLR on the drone to generate a 360° photopanorama that fits as good as possible as a background in our rendered panorama?

For Example: Does someone know which focal distance is used when I generate a 360? pano in 3DsMax/Vray(Render Settigs/Vray-Tab/Camera/Overrride...360)

I am thankful for all kind of advices what we have to look at, to match the 2 panormas.

Thanks,

Max

Edited by maxmontana

360 degree photos don't have a focal length. When people talk about 360 panos not being the right 'scale' to match their scene as a background, it's a result of objects in the pano being closer or further away from the camera than is expected in the 3d scene.

In other words, if your pano photo is taken right next to a building, don't expect that building to suddenly appear as a small element in the background in your 3d scene. In your case that shouldn't be an issue as you are taking the pano from the same location as your building.

Using a longer focal length on your camera just means you need to take more photos to generate the spherical image. So just use as wide as possible.