Vray Shadow Catcher fully transparent? Help

danielmuresan

Hi.

My name is Daniel. I've created simple scene with a car and a GI Vray settings to illuminate my object. I created a plane and used both the v-ray properties and v-ray wrapping material methods but non seems to work what i want to do or maybe i do something wrong.

So the problem is that i want the shadows to be fully transparent, so by this i mean that if i put .png render on a white background the shadows will work perfect, but if i put in on a black background the shadows are visible that they are not transparent and are working like this ( the center is blacker and as is going in gradient it's going to white and not to transparent background as i want) I have attached an example that i created in photoshop for what i'm trying to get with a dot that is blacker in center and goes in a gradient to the sides but to transparent. The gradient is only black color and has no white to lit the shadows... i hope you understand my problem. The shadows on black background are a bit gray and i want them to be full black and not grey-ish. The dot can do this in photoshop as you can see in the example that on a black background it almost invisible even if shadow is a bit on the grey side*(here i mean that the shadow is gray and not full black and still can't see it in black). If you have more questions about this problem please write here and i can give you all necessary answers.

Thank you

Daniel

2018-10-10 (1).jpg

2018-10-10 (6).jpg

2018-10-10 (5).png

2018-10-10 (4).png

2018-10-10 (3).jpg

2018-10-10 (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It actually looks quite 'correct' on the black because if it was a real photograph, the light above the car would indeed illuminate the floor somewhat, which gives the image depth. There is paint that can absorb nearly all light shined on it, so you could indeed take a picture like what you want with solid black on the floor, but otherwise some light would show in a real-life situation.

So, in this case, I would quickly process an alpha/mask of just the car in order to cut out the shadow on the black background to achieve what you want.