Bitmap

RRDI

I am a web designer and my client is a home designer who uses Architectural Desktop. I am trying to get them to create a bitmap file of the floorplans for the website. They cannot figure out how to produce a bitmap that is 700 pixels wide and have the lettering of rooms and sizes etc. come out legible. The person who used to do this for them has left the company and nobody knows how to do the bitmaps for us. Can anyone give me some hints as to how to do the bitmaps?

TIA,

John

assign an eps plotter in cad and plot to file, then open a rasterized version in PS, select all and copy and paste into a new drawing in PS, add color shadows or whatever then and save for web (PS if you have color assigned to the plot just desaturate, also check your ctb file and make the corner conditions to a miter on all the pen styles...works better for the eps)

If they're using ADT 2004, they can select the plotter "publish to web jpg". get it all set up and then do File->Plot. in the plot dialogue, check the box next to "plot to file" and it will save a jpeg in the path below. As for the lettering and dimensions, they should do this in paper space. that way it will not get scaled with the rest of the drawing.

I am a web designer and my client is a home designer who uses Architectural Desktop. I am trying to get them to create a bitmap file of the floorplans for the website. They cannot figure out how to produce a bitmap that is 700 pixels wide and have the lettering of rooms and sizes etc. come out legible. The person who used to do this for them has left the company and nobody knows how to do the bitmaps for us. Can anyone give me some hints as to how to do the bitmaps?

TIA,

John

not sure, but i am guessing they are creating a true bitmap. either the color is white or black. adn if they are creating this at 700 dpi, the text will never come out legible with true bitmap, and if it does, it will be extremely pixelated. it sounds like you should have enough to get started fro people's previous posts, but if not, i would just export the floor plan, then apply the text in photoshop, after itis an image file. if it is just a house, then there will not be that many rooms.

Just a followup to let you know how we solved the problem....

View the floor plan in ADT, then copy and paste into Corel Draw (perhaps you can use a different program) then have Corel Draw rescale it to the required 700 pixels, save to a two tone bmp file.

Take a peek at http://www.robinsonplans.com and the I series plans. I think they turned out rather well.

Thank you all for your input, it helped us to get on the right track.

John