3DS Max Learning tools for architects

gipper51

Does anybody know of any good books or online material for learning 3D Studio that is geared towards architects? I am learning 3DS now but aside from this site I can't find many tutorials made for architects. I have a beginners book that I've learned alot of basics from, and it was $25 well spent, but I would like to find something that really shows some efficient ways to model buildings. Thanks for any input.

Gipper

I have many of the same questions as Gipper does. I'm an architecture student who's school doesn't seem to think teaching 3d modeling for architecture is necessary. Any kind of workflow example from an AutoCAD floorplan through to a 3DS Max model would be great. Thanks for any advice.

Good old Ted Boardman has a book called '3ds Max 5 Fundamentals'. I remember looking through it in a bookshop and finding it quite 'architectural' which is unusual for 3D related books. I think he also has one for max 6.

Discreet has a book called "3ds max 6 design visualization courseware".

Here's the description from discreet's website:

The 3ds max 6 Design Visualization Courseware is an introductory level courseware manual intended for 3ds max users working in the design visualization field.

This manual is composed of 6 chapters that demonstrate how to use 3ds max 6 to effectively create still and animated architectural presentations and import data from AutoCAD and Autodesk VIZ Render.

This courseware contains numerous exercises and labs in real world applications.

The manual is designed to be used for 2 to 3 day intensive training classes, but can be used by individuals learning on their own.