9.1 Free Download!!!

STRAT

Hi Ernest,

Thanks a lot for the warning on d/ling the 9.1 update.

I was just about to happily click on STRAT's link when I saw your message below and went over to cgtalk instead.

It seems there that not everyone is having this problem, but enough are to make me wait till Maxon have updated the update!

It's not like C4D to ever have these kind of issues, usually everything is 100% reliable.

Cheers,

D.

There are issues with PC users as well...

I am one of them. Only way to fix it, according to Maxon on CGTALK, is to do a fresh install

I'm sorry you have had a problem. It is obviously the installer, and not the update itself. I decided to put it in late last night (oh, why not? what's a few nasty deadlines to stop a dangerous and irresponsible experiment). All is well.

Once you did the fresh install, was everyhing OK?

According to Srek from Maxon, the installer has trouble when you have renamed the application that it's trying to update. So make sure the app is called "CINEMA 4D" for Mac or "CINEMA 4D.EXE" for Windows.

Ernest, I know what you mean about wanting to upgrade right away. I'm tempted too, but I have a deadline looming, and the last thing I need is a "surprise" from my software. How is the update so far? Have you noticed any major improvements in GI speed?

Jack

Problem Sorted!

On a Mac or PC, the issue was with the naming of the folder/directory that the original R9 app was in. Default is "CINEMA 4D", but some people (like me!) had re-named it.

So just make sure the folder is still called "CINEMA 4D" and your updater will run fine.

Having said that, although this update has been trumpeted as something mind blowing at least from the reactions over at cgtalk, I really only found 3 or 4 useful new features, to be honest. Still, it was free.

The ability to dock a separate snap pallette is back, plus a new keystroke to toggle snapping on and off. A keystroke to toggle "visible selection only" is very useful. An illustrated Noise options palette is interesting too.

I would still like active rulers around the 2D viewports, SmartScrolling like in Photoshop and Vectorworks, the ability to"draw' and easily re-size rectangles in the viewport, keystroke shortcuts for tags (such as compositing, protection tags etc.) and a dockable pallette with all available Cameras easily clickable on, to name but a few suggestions.

Anyway, has anyone found anything else useful for Arch viz. in this update?

Cheers,

D.

Edit: Ha, Jack, you just beat me to it...still I'll leave my post up for the other points I mentioned!

According to Srek from Maxon, the installer has trouble when you have renamed the application that it's trying to update. So make sure the app is called "CINEMA 4D" for Mac or "CINEMA 4D.EXE" for Windows.

Ernest, I know what you mean about wanting to upgrade right away. I'm tempted too, but I have a deadline looming, and the last thing I need is a "surprise" from my software. How is the update so far? Have you noticed any major improvements in GI speed?

Jack

i've installed it, mid project, on one of my workhorses.

it installed painlessly and integrates perfectly. wouldnt even know it's there.

and no, so far not noticed one hint of faster GI :(

i've installed it, mid project, on one of my workhorses.

it installed painlessly and integrates perfectly. wouldnt even know it's there.

and no, so far not noticed one hint of faster GI :(

Same here. No problems with install or use.

Srek (or another Maxon person) on cgtalk explained that the improvements are to scenes with big differences between the very small and very big (to put it simplisticly). Faster would be better, but if not, then we're no worse off than before.

• 1 year later...