Rendering to dark!?!

PJ

This may just be another stupid question but being new to max I’ll probably have hundreds of ‘um. When I render the finished render comes out so dark you can hardly see it. I’ve not put any light sources in the scene and it was rendering fine until if had a play with the customize UI settings. I’m thinking that I’ve fiddled with something but don’t know what, I’ve tried to put a light source in the scene and it still renders the same, max6 bible is driving me mad it's to big and i can't find the answer :mad: . I’m using Max6 and it’s really doing my head in, I’ve even tried reinstalling max and it’s still the same when I load the max file.

Any help will be much appreciated, before i kill the computer and anyone stood near me!!.

Phil

I haven't got Max in front of me, but I think within the customize UI settings there's the option to restore all settings to defaults, which you could try... But reinstalling Max should have done that anyway...

Is it just this one max file? If it is just this one file, then that would narrow it down. Rather than go through checking every setting though, what you could do is start a new scene, select merge from the file menu, and bring geometry from the affected scene into your new scene a bit at time and see if they render out weird.

Good luck...

Just a shot in the dark (chuckles), but did you accidently turn off your viewport lighting (The default 1 light - 2 light - No light options)? Also, sometimes when I stick a light in my scene that isn't powerful enough or facing the wrong direction, it will render black just the same. Hope you find the solution soon - MegaPixel