Printing Drawings in Illustrator

ArchitTrav

I am having a problem getting my autocad drawings to print correctly when scaled down in illustrator. My original layout in Illustrator includes an autocad floor plan, a perspective JPEG, as well as text created in illustrator. The original presentation board was created to be 30x40. When printing the document at this scale everything prints perfrectly. However a problem arose when I was trying to reproduce the same board at 11x17 by simply selecting "scale to fit media" in the print dialog. When printing to 11x17 many of the smaller pen weights do not show up. Not all of them disappear, only certain random ones. Is there another setting that I am missing in Illustrator to correct this problem or is it simply because I have reduced the composition so drastically?

Any help or guidance to where I could find the solution would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

IMHO the best way to insert acad drawings in publishing software is using .pdf format. Search and Install any PDF creator utility (there are some freeware products you can use), then at Acad just print to it, using the scale you want to use on the final work, then on publishing software just import it, 100% scale and there you have, good quality and definition and no prob with scales.