Service Charge?

mak_designs

let's say you wanna start a company that does 3d architecture or anything in 3d right, how much do you charge your clients? is there a standard rate? i know money value will differ in other countries, with that aside, should i charge based on the length of time the project takes? Amount of Detail? What are the rates in your countries?

Here in trinidad a company charges $4000.00 tt for a one view render of a room to $20,000.00 tt for a complex building, should i copy their prices?

1US$ = 6TT$

Michael,

Is that company in Trinidad doing their business well and is it a growing business? Are their clients satisfied with the quality and marketing value of the 3D artwork? Does that company provide solutions like an increased sales level because of their artwork?

If yes, then they are doing their business/sales well and is it a good estimate for you to consider. What I should not do, in your case, is to dive under that price because of an authority-issue. Look independent at each project and try to figure out what a building is gonna cost, calculate your input and go for it. Try to understand that more and more positive financial decisions for realty-projects are depending on the visual (look and feel) part,...your artwork!

Hi Mike,

Cost differs depending on what type of work you are going to produce - In my experience, the client always thinks in sq feet. So naturally they want to pay per square feet, but I always have to address this is not the case of 3d - I charge for the content (not only the architecture, but for furniture, people etc). Talk to the client and make sure what they want

But what you stated sounds what is the norm (at least to me). The key is never sell yourself too low, otherwise the client always expect the same price always.

yea dennis, in trinidad it's a fast growing business. Their clients are satisfied, BUT i know i can do better than they can...teehee *evil smurk*. Their renderings and illustrations aren't really that impressive, i just got a lil teenie bit angered when they claimed to be the best with "photo realistic renderings", it's a good thing you all mentioned the price range and also setting a standard.

take a look at their stuff http://www.create3d.com

thankz brian & dennis for good advice

Okay Michael,

to be honest, they are providing quite a range of services. Maybe it's your job to go for exclusive archi-viz in order to avoid being booked as a company that is 'shooting in the dark' (quoting Ozzy), hoping to spread their services to multiple expertise/targets.

A little note; always let your clients know that your studio is providing the solution for a positive financial decision, instead of saying that you're a 'visualizer'...they need you!

All the best, if you have any more items just shoot...