3DS Max Render Frame Window - Previous region renders are gone...

hockley91

I don't think I ever had this problem before and I just can't think of how to fix this issue...

Sometimes I region render multiple areas that I fix in the model. Well, once I render a region, I'll render another region and another. The previous region renders always stay there and I kind of build up the render layer by layer.

Well, for some reason it will only region render two times while saving the previous renders. Once I render a third time, the render window resets and it all turns black and will region render the next selection. I have no idea why this is happening...

I've switched to the vray frame buffer for now and I can region render no problem. It does not reset the window.

Any ideas? Thanks

If you are using Vray then you should use the VFB anyway, so maybe max was just trying to tell you something.

Depending on the situation I use both. In this situation I'm using the Max Render Window because I have a "glow" effect I need for a light fixture.

Well, what I ended up doing was just rendering without the "Glow" effect. I just isolated the object I wanted to glow. Rendered it by itself with an alpha channel and just layered it in Photoshop and did it in there. Worked just fine this way...

• 4 weeks later...