Vray IES Light Problem

tman5487

Can anyone tell me what might be causing the hard edge of the illumination of the Vray IES lights in this render. I have attached the IES image to show what it should look like. This is a test render using a standard gray vray material on override. IES #29 is the profile that I have selected and used in the attached image.

iesguide.jpg

Test.jpg

My V-Ray 1.5 do not have all that shape stuff. Also some IES files do not contain shape information. I found the set of profiles he is using by searching for "30 ies profiles". I got a hard edge only on the floor not the walls and the only way I could get rid of it was to load the #19 profile with the Max Photometric light which at default uses the 'point' as the shape profile. As Travis was having problems with hard edges on the walls also, I could only reproduce that by messing with the cutoff in a VrayIES. It could be an issue with System units also.

Yeah it was from the Nice IES 30 profile set. I did a bunch of screwing around with the Vray IES to no avail. Using a Free Light it gave me the exact result I wanted with no real effect to render time. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions and thanks even more for the speedy replies. I attached the correct result with the Free Light.

1.jpg